Parse, Genderise and Create Salutations for Individual and Company Names
Melissa Global Name API recognizes 650,000+ ethnically-diverse first and last names to ensure precise gender determination and verify valid individuals or companies in a field. Once names are corrected, gender can be identified. Global Name Verification also offers a dictionary containing thousands of company names.
- Personalize communications to increase opens and conversions
- Split multiple names and parse names into their components (prefix, first, middle, last, and suffix)
- Flag fake or vulgar names to reduce waste and fraud
- Identify the gender of your audience for improved target marketing
- Detect company names accidentally entered as a full name
- Add casing for company names
Global Name API takes full names and breaks them out into five components: Prefix, First Name, Middle Name, Surname, and Suffix. Then a gender code is applied. Multiple name formats will be parsed into a single standard format.
Adds a gender code to each parsed name as F, M, or N. "James" returns "M" for male, "Cheryl" returns "F" for female, and "Chris" or "Terry" which may be male or female-returns "N" for neutral.
Business Name Parsing & Correct Casing
Detects a company name in the name field based on table words and acronyms in company names and returns them in UPPER or lower case to standardise them.
Flags vulgar words, fake names, and associated company words to help you screen out possible hoaxes and pranks such as Bugs Bunny as a first and last name.
Once you’ve parsed your names, identified gender, and removed non-name or bogus records, Global Name can create the desired custom salutations based on the format you want to use, including Formal, Informal, Default Slug, etc. Adding personlised salutations to your direct marketing efforts can boost response rates.