Improve the quality of your customer data today.
Validate, Standardise, Cleanse, and Format UK and Global Addresses in Real-Time
Approximately 20% of addresses entered online contain errors - spelling mistakes, wrong house numbers, incorrect postal codes, formatting errors that don’t comply with a country’s postal regulations. This can result in late or undeliverable shipments, a big and costly concern for companies doing business domestically and across borders.
Melissa’s Global Address Verification service verifies addresses for 240+ countries and territories at the point of entry and in batch to ensure only valid billing and shipping addresses are captured and used in your systems.
- Leverage a postal certified address engine using official government data including CASS (USPS), SERP (Canada Post), PAF (Royal Mail) and more
- Correct international addresses by adding missing components such as postal codes, locality, and more
- Standardise addresses to meet local in-country formatting rules
- Transliterate to and from native country languages and Latin
- Add precise lat/long coordinates up to the rooftop (delivery point) level
How Address Verification Works
Autocompletes and/or verifies an address at point of entry so bad data never enters your system.
Uses proprietary lexicons & rules to parse an address into its component parts.
Conforms an address to Royal Mail standards or local country format.
- Address Line 1: 22382 Avenida Empresa
- City: Rancho Santa Margarita
- State: CA
- ZIP Code: 92688
Uses authoritative, in-country reference datasets to check the validity & deliverability of a physical address.
Transforms foreign languages into Latin characters so an address can easily be validated.
A clean, deliverable address ready for mailing, order fulfilment, or analytics.
Start with Address AutoComplete
Utilise Melissa for fast, accurate address capture at point of entry. Our Express Entry solution powers your web forms and CRM with type-ahead address autocompletion – ensuring only a verified, standardised and complete address enters your database.
- Autocomplete addresses to speed up order entry with reduced keystrokes
- Real-time verification eliminates shipping costs due to incorrect addresses and ensures only valid data enters your database
- Autofill all address fields – misspellings are prevented, abbreviations completed and missing information is added.
The UK Address Experts
For 35 years, Melissa has been a leading address management and mailing solutions provider. We have decades of experience handling the irregularities and common mistakes that arise when people write addresses. As a RoyalMail PAF, USPS and CASS certified provider we utilise the following to keep your addresses correct, up-to-date and deliverable:
- The Royal Mail Postal Address File (PAF) - is the most up-to-date address database. By using Melissa’s address solutions, you can ensure your customer databases and mailing lists are clean and up to date. This allows you to reduce the number of abandoned parcels or letters thereby reducing unwanted costs, as well as giving your customers a better brand experience.
- Multiple Residence (MR) – Validate more addresses with the Multiple Residence File which will give you an ability to capture and verify any premise where multiple households share a mailbox, ensuring more accurate deliveries first time.
- Not Yet Built (NYB) - By using Not Yet Built together with PAF® businesses is provided with details of properties that are in the construction process or are scheduled to be built in the future, ensuring you have the address data you need to communicate productively with you customers.
- Rooftop Geocode append – Melissa address services can convert addresses into geocodes (latitude and longitude coordinates), which can be used to place markers on a map. We offer precise rooftop geocodes for 95% of all physical addresses in the UK and global.
- Eircode Data services - Melissa utilises Ireland's advanced postcode platform giving access to ECAF & ECAD data, proven to be the most effective way to verify exact locations in the Republic or Ireladnd.
A Single Interface for All International Addresses
The Melissa global address verification service empowers you to verify and correct addresses in a single country or in 240+ countries around the world – from a single interface. We’ve done all the heavy lifting to combine the varied address systems internationally so you can quickly verify an address in real-time, at point of entry. When you submit an address, our solution performs advanced lexicon and parsing for each country and we can return the address as either:
- Formatted and standardised to a specific postal authority’s regulations in a mailing label or database storage format.
- Parsed in separate address fields such as house number, thoroughfare, locality, postal code, etc.
Global Data Coverage & Formatting
Domestic and international address management can be difficult due to over 130 different global address formats from 240+ countries and territories, 3,000+ languages and 140 character scripts used.
To effectively process domestic or worldwide address data, it is of the utmost importance to ensure that in-country formatting rules and norms are followed. Melissa's address verification service does this all for you... even in emerging and hard-to-address markets.See Country Coverage
Transliteration and Multiple Language Support
We support multiple language scripts, including:
- Cyrillic (Russia)
- Hellenic (Greece)
- Hebrew (Israel)
- Arabic (United Arab Emirates)
- Kanji (Japan)
- Chinese (China)
- Hangul (South Korea)
- Thai (Thailand)
Achieve Complete Contact Data Management
Melissa's Data Quality tools help organisations of all sizes verify and maintain data so they can effectively communicate with their customers via postal mail, email, and phone. Our additional data quality tools include