Melissa Offers Insight on How a Healthy Data Lifecycle Supports Smart Business Decisions
New Resource Touts the Importance of Full Spectrum Protection to Combat Data Pitfalls
Rancho Santa Margarita, CALIF – March 6, 2019 – Melissa,a leading provider of global contact data quality and identity verification solutions, today announced availability of the 2019 Melissa Solutions Catalog, a new resource that shares a wealth of information on the importance of good data, including how to address the full spectrum of data quality from point-of-entry ID verification to deduping, and cautions against the pitfalls of bad data and its negative impact to any business.
Bad data costs U.S. businesses an estimated $3.1 trillion each year, according to the Harvard Business Review and IBM. Wasted time and resources, undetected fraud, and decreased brand value are just a few results of poor data quality. Taking a proactive approach to maintaining clean data starts with a healthy data lifecycle. Melissa offers full spectrum data protection for accurate, reliable data that can be trusted to drive insight and transform business operations:
- Verification tools leverage powerful global address, name, phone, and email validation routines, and match name-to-address to verify ID.
- Cleansing capabilities use a variety of programmatic or regular expressions to correct data inconsistencies quickly and easily.
- Updating resources access up to 20 years of change-of-address records to get the most current address of customers, domestically and internationally.
- Deduping match and merge similar records and eliminate duplicates with advanced fuzzy matching algorithms and survivorship rules for a clearer, more accurate 360-view of customers.
- Enrichment solutions add valuable demographics, business firmographics, location data (geographics + IP location) and property data for greater insights and better targeted marketing.
“Data is not only a company’s most valuable asset, it should play a key role in all business decisions. But if the quality of your data is not optimum, you’re at a serious disadvantage,” said Greg Brown, vice president, marketing, Melissa. “The 2019 Melissa Solutions Catalog takes a comprehensive look at today’s data quality challenges and offers proven options for solving them. Our wide range of tools is designed to improve data health so you can make better business decisions and leapfrog the competition.”Click here to access the 2019 Melissa Solutions Catalog or learn more about full spectrum data protection. To connect with members of Melissa’s global intelligence team, visit www.Melissa.com or call 1-800-MELISSA.