Data Quality: The Good, The Bad & The Money
“The world’s most valuable resource is no long oil, but data,” stated The Economist. Many have noticed the increased value of data – from contact information to buying patterns – and how vital it is to so many aspects of business operations. Data can be used for marketing strategies, business intelligence, customer behavior patterns and so much more. But how can one be sure the data is reliable? Ultimately, bad data can lead to bad business decisions.
In this white paper, we explore:
- The importance of data quality for many business operations
- The dangers of retaining poor quality data
- Planning a data quality assessment
- How to conduct a data assessment
- How to present the findings of that assessment