Clean, Standardize and Format U.S. and Global Addresses
Approximately 20% of addresses entered online contain errors - spelling mistakes, wrong house numbers, incorrect postal codes, formatting errors that don’t comply with a country’s postal regulations. This can result in late or undeliverable shipments, a big and costly concern for companies doing business domestically and across borders.
Melissa’s Global Address Verification service verifies addresses for 240+ countries and territories at the point of entry and in batch to ensure only valid billing and shipping addresses are captured and used in your systems.
- Leverage a postal certified address engine using official government data including CASS (USPS), SERP (Canada Post), PAF (Royal Mail) and more
- Correct international addresses by adding missing components such as postal codes, locality, and more
- Standardize addresses to meet local in-country formatting rules
- Transliterate to and from native country languages and Latin
- Add precise lat/long coordinates up to the rooftop (delivery point) level
See how Global Address Verification is a necessity for accurate deliveries & happy customers.
Watch Video Now.
How Address Verification Works
Autocompletes and/or verifies an address at point of entry so bad data never enters your system.
Uses proprietary lexicons & rules to parse an address into its component parts.
Conforms an address to USPS standards or local country format.
- Address Line 1: 22382 Avenida Empresa
- City: Rancho Santa Margarita
- State: CA
- ZIP Code: 92688
Uses authoritative, in-country reference datasets to check the validity & deliverability of a physical address.
Transforms foreign languages into Latin characters so an address can easily be validated.
A clean, deliverable address ready for mailing, order fulfilment, or analytics.
Try Address Verification
Verify a U.S., Canadian or international address. Output includes latitude/longitude coordinates.
Start with Address AutoComplete
Utilize Melissa for fast, accurate address capture at point of entry. Our Express Entry solution powers your web forms and CRM with type-ahead address autocompletion – ensuring only a verified, Standardized and complete address enters your database.
- Autocomplete addresses to speed up order entry with reduced keystrokes
- Real-time verification eliminates shipping costs due to incorrect addresses
- Autofill all address fields – misspellings are prevented, abbreviations completed and missing information is added
The U.S. Address Experts
For 30 years, Melissa has been a leading address management and mailing solutions provider. We have decades of experience handling the irregularities and common mistakes that arise when people write addresses. As a USPS CASS-certified provider, we utilize the following to keep your addresses correct, up-to-date and deliverable:
- DPV® (Delivery Point Validation) data to verify the address is deliverable and mail can be sent to that address
- LACSLink® (Locatable Address Correction System) data to match your address data to addresses that have been converted, modified, or changed by the USPS
- SuiteLink® data to add missing known secondary information including suite numbers
- eLOT® (enhanced Line of Travel) which helps sort mailings in approximate carrier-casing sequence
Melissa also provides a wealth of proprietary capabilities including RBDI (residential or business delivery indicator), AddressPlus® (adds known apartment numbers to residences), Non-USPS data (5+ million addresses not supported by USPS) and MAK® persistent address identifier key technology which tracks all changes to addresses over time.
A Single Interface for All International Addresses
The Melissa global address verification service empowers you to verify and correct addresses in a single country or in 240+ countries around the world – from a single interface. We’ve done all the heavy lifting to combine the varied addressing systems internationally so you can quickly and accurately verify an address in real-time, at point of entry. When you submit an address, our solution performs advanced lexicon and parsing for each country and we can return the address as either:
- Formatted and standardized to a specific postal authority’s regulations in a mailing label or database storage format.
- Parsed in separate address fields such as house number, thoroughfare, locality, postal code, etc.
Transliteration and Multiple Language Support
We support multiple language scripts, including:
- Cyrillic (Russia)
- Hellenic (Greece)
- Hebrew (Israel)
- Arabic (United Arab Emirates)
- Kanji (Japan)
- Chinese (China)
- Hangul (South Korea)
- Thai (Thailand)
Connect our API to verify single addresses or bulk lists.
cURL, NodeJS, PHP, Ruby, Java, .NET & more all backed with 99.99% uptime. Visit our Developer Portal
- Receive 1,000 Free Credits per month (with Developer account)
- Multiple data quality APIs to test & fine tune
- Interactive API documentation, test our API right in the Portal
- Custom enterprise solutions & dedicated environments
- Integration support from our dedicated engineers
Use Melissa Address Verification in top ETL, CRM & Ecommerce platforms.